Effective: May 25, 2018
Your privacy is critically important to us.
1. Collection Of Information
Summary: We collect information about you when you:
- Buy a product
- Create an account;
- Visit our website; and
- Communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies.
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, buy a product, fill out a form, or communicate with us. The types of information that we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, payment method data, photos, and any other information that you choose to provide.
1.2 Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
- Other Information: With your permission, we may collect other information from your device, such as photos from your camera roll, contacts of individuals you wish to find or connect with, or calendar information you want to manage via the Site.
1.3 Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources, such as through certain features on the Site you elect to use, but only where these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your information to us.
2. Use Of Information
Summary: We use information about you to:
- Operate, improve, promote, and protect Power Tool Outfitters and our Site;
- Communicate with you; and
- Personalize content.
2.1 Operating our Site
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Site, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Site, including to process transactions, develop new products and services, and manage the performance of our Site;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions, abuse, and other illegal activities; to protect the rights, property, or safety of Power Tool Outfitters and others; to enforce compliance with our policies; and to comply with applicable law and government requests.
- Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims.
2.2 Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
2.3 Advertising And Other Uses
We may use information about you for various other purposes, including to:
- Carry out any other purposes described to you at the time that we collected the information.
2.4 Legal Basis for Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the type of information and the specific context in which we collect it.
- We process information about you in order to provide our services in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- We may also process information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract.
3. Sharing Of Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
We may disclose information about you:
- to our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our Site;
- to authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and property; and
- to an affiliate or successor entity as part of a corporate transaction.
We may also share de-identified or aggregated information.
3.1 With Our Service Providers
We may use service providers in connection with operating and improving the Site to assist with certain functions, such as payment processing, email transmission, data hosting, managing our ads, and some aspects of our technical and customer support. We take measures to ensure that these service providers access, process, and store information about you only for the purposes we authorize, subject to confidentiality obligations.
3.2 Following The Law And Protecting Power Tool Outfitters
We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you to third parties, including the content of messages, if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, applicable law, regulation, legal process, or audits. We may also disclose information about you if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service or related guidelines and policies, or if necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of, or prevent fraud or abuse of, Power Tool Outfitters or others.
3.3 Social Sharing And Other Tools
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions that you take on our Site with third-party services, and vice versa. Such features let you share information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you have chosen with the service.
3.4 Affiliate Sharing And Merger, Sale, Or Other Asset Transfers
If Power Tool Outfitters is involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of our assets, information about you may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of that transaction. We may also share information about you with current or future corporate parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates.
3.5 Other Situations
We may de-identify or aggregate information about you and share it freely, so that you can no longer be identified. We may also share information about you with your consent or at your direction or where we are legally entitled to do so.
4. Additional Details
- With your permission, we may allow others to use technologies that collect information about you to provide analytic services, and to serve ads for Power Tool Outfitters. You may be able to disable the collection or use of this information.
- Power Tool Outfitters, LLC is based in and governed by U.S. law and we will be processing, transferring, and storing information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information and have implemented technical and organizational measures in line with industry best practices. We cannot guarantee these controls will provide absolute security.
4.1 Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
4.2 Transfer Of Information To The U.S. And Other Countries
We employ technical and organizational measures designed to appropriately protect your information that is under our control and that we process on your behalf from unauthorized access collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal, both during transmission and once we receive it. We store all information that you provide to us on secure servers. We train employees regarding our data privacy policies and procedures, and permit authorized employees to access information on a need to know basis, as required for their role. We use firewalls designed to protect against intruders and test for network vulnerabilities. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure.
Where you have a password, which enables you to use our services, you are responsible for keeping this password complex, secure, and confidential. If you would like to update or change your password, you may select the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page. You will be sent an email that allows you to reset your password.
4.4 Data Retention
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you are a member of the Site, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
- So you can use our Site;
- To ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to;
- To provide you with a refund, if entitled;
- To detect and prevent abuse of our Site, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service; and
- To comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
4.5 Revisions To This Policy
5. Your Choices
- You can review and change information about you or deactivate your account in your account settings, but we may retain certain information.
- You can remove photo tags if you wish.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving Power Tool Outfitters’s promotional messages, but you may still receive other non-promotional communications.
5.1 Your Choices: Account Information
You may update or correct your account information by editing your account settings or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org as described in Section 6. You may deactivate your account by editing your account settings or by sending an email to email@example.com. You will also be able to choose what information others see about you and who may contact you by using the Privacy Settings section in your Account.
5.2 Your Choices: Cookies
5.3 Your Choices: Promotional Communications
You can control messages that you receive from Power Tool Outfitters, other members, and third parties by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message that you receive, or by adjusting the communication preferences in your account settings. We will also send you a link to these settings when you first sign up and in subsequent messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
6. Data Rights
- You may have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including to request that Power Tool Outfitters deletes, amends, or provides you access to your information.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving Power Tool Outfitters’s promotional messages, but you may still receive other communications.
- You can complain to your local data protection authority about the use of your information.
We respond to all requests that we receive from individuals who wish to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. You can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or requesting deletion of your information.
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
7. Contact Us
- If you have any questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Under European data protection law, the controller of your information is Power Tool Outfitters, LLC.